When you set up an EBEN National Network you are establishing a local group with connection to a larger European family with siblings across Europe and cousins across the world. National networks organise conferences, workshops etc. for their own local members but in the meantime stay member of the EBEN international network giving their members also these extra benefits.
How to start a National EBEN Network?
If there are groups interested in forming national networks of EBEN, here is some guidance to get you started. Please do contact one of the members of the EBEN Executive Committee if you would like to discuss this further.
A group of local representatives may call itself an EBEN National Network if it meets the following criteria:
- The National Network name should include the ‘EBEN’ name (e.g. EBEN-UK)
- Members of the national network are joint members of EBEN, requiring the national chapter to present a full financial report and an updated lists of its members before paying its annual fees
- The National Network should have a clear European outlook
- An aim of the National Network must be to facilitate and improve the dialogue between the research community and the business community
Benefits of forming a National EBEN Chapter
When you set up an EBEN National Network you are establishing a local group with connection to a larger European family with siblings across Europe and cousins across the world. Specifically, the benefits of setting up a local National Network of EBEN are that your network will have:
- A local group for regular meetings and special consideration of the domestic perspective.
- Free access to “Business Ethics: A European Review” for all members.
- Permission to use the recognized EBEN name and brand.
- The chance to take part in international conferences and seminars and access to a ready international audience for your own initiatives.
- The opportunity to contribute to the EBEN newsletter which is distributed to all the members of the entire network.
- Participate in the electronic discussion groups.
- Support advice from the EBEN Executive Committee members in your initiatives and network development.
- The scope to build relationships with the collaborative partners of EBEN at an International level.
Individuals in your local National Network will have:
- Double membership of the National Chapter and the International EBEN Network.
- Free access to “Business Ethics: A European Review” – one of the top journals in the area of Business Ethics.
- EBEN newsletter three times per year for learning about European wide activities and to communicate your own network’s initiatives across to all EBEN members across Europe and further afield.
- Access to the EBEN webpage for electronic discussions with other members worldwide.
- Reduced registration fees for EBEN conferences.
- Access to a European wide network of people active in business ethics practice, teaching, training and research.
For more information, please contact the EBEN secretariat.